Get Free Publicity for Your Business
- Research other people who have media opportunities that you want to have and decide which ones you would like to be part of. If they can be in it or featured so can you!
- Have an article ready with a 'hook' or catchy title that the editor of a newspaper or magazine will notice. Write it from the perspective of what their readers or audience would want to know about.
- Write your 'pitch' that focuses on 'why' your article should be published and/or why you should be interviewed. Many websites will tell you specifically what they want to hear from you and you just need to follow the template that they have prepared for you.
- Check out HARO: Help A Reporter Out as they are always looking for good articles and specialists in certain fields. Get signed up so you receive their requests on a regular basis.
- If you get contacted and even if the timing is not right for you, just say 'YES' I am available, or 'YES' I can write that article in the time frame you have given me. This is a priority because you may not get a second opportunity!
- Blog several times a week and you may just get noticed by a media person. Write great content that readers would really want to know about, and want more of your expertise!
- Write a lot of articles and submit them to Ezine Articles and become known as an expert in your field.
- If you do hire a media consultant be very specific about what kind of media exposure you are looking for, and it's great if you know exactly where you want exposure.
- If you are not a good writer then hire a copywriter. All you need to do is give them your ideas and they will write the articles for you. This is a small investment for a big return!
Leave a Response
Your email address will never be displayed, but, is required to validate your comment.
In accordance with the Terms of Service, submitting a comment grants Entrepreneurial Woman Magazine a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution.