My previous post, Part 1, discussed Education as one of the ways to create your own economy and turn surviving into thriving. In this post, we'll discuss two more ways to help your business thrive.
“A lot of people have gone further than they thought they could because someone else thought they could.” ~ Zig Ziglar
Support is the second component in creating your own successful economy. You cannot do it alone. Let me say that again. YOU CANNOT DO IT ALONE. There is undeniable strength in numbers.
I will be completely transparent with you and tell you for a long time I tried to row my own boat and resisted the help of others. I studied, I added to my knowledge of the subject I longed to bring to the world, but I just couldn’t seem to get it lifted off the ground to the height that I wanted to. I was told over and over what a wonderful service I provided. I was a featured guest on numerous radio shows and was a featured expert at live events and tele-summits, but I just couldn’t reach the next level UNTIL I invested in a mentor! It took me a LONG time to realize that. I am bringing it to your attention so you won’t have to struggle as I did.
I made excuses for not investing in a mentor: I can’t afford it; No one really knows my business like I do; My business is good enough just as it is. Each of those excuses was created not out of the fear that I might fail, but of the fear that I might be successful. The truth is my money mindset kept me small for a very, very long time. I lived out my family legacy of never having enough. It was the mindset I was subconsciously building my business and my life on. Whew, did that create a major mess!
Being true to who I am, I decided to re-open the wound of my money story and clean it out once and for all. It was some intense work, and with the help of Spirit, great psychotherapist friends and a lot of inner work, I became whole.
It’s funny, because once I became whole, I realized exactly how incomplete I really was. Suddenly, I knew what was missing. I needed a team to support me. I hired my technical people, my personal coaches, accountants and others. It certainly does take a village! LOL
Tip #2: Invest emotionally, financially, and energetically in the right support team. It will save you A LOT of MONEY.
#3 SELF DEVELOPMENT:
“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” ~ Aristotle
The third component is YOU; investment in YOU. I want you to really savor this and breathe it in and let it settle into your core. Your outside life (business, relationships) will only develop to the level that you are developed (emotionally, spiritually) on the inside. Developing self is the key to creating your own economy. It is the root of all successful businesses.
When it comes to Self Development, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all formula. I have learned from experience that everyone responds differently to the call of Self Development. I will provide you with guidelines and principles that have worked for me and for many of my clients.
I encourage you to use your creative self to take away what you most need and add what you feel is missing when you begin the journey to a deeper self.
Areas to consider when creating your foundation for your own economy:
• Acceptance: Accept reality and rid your life of denial.
• Awareness: Develop awareness and deliberately co-create your life.
• Love: Deepen your ability to connect with yourself and others.
• Integrity: Discipline and consistency create strength.
• Unity: Stop fighting against what is, and work from a mindset of oneness.
• Courage: Meet fear with willingness to look directly into it.
• Creativity: Live authentically, define your uniqueness and live out your brilliance.
6 Main Areas of Your Life to Develop:
• Habits: Examine your core beliefs. Beliefs create habits; habits create action.
• Money: Reveal your money story and release yourself from the negative energy of the past.
• Health: Create healthy habits that will empower your physical body. Healthy habits affect the mind, body & spirit.
• Relationships: Create loving relationships beginning with YOU. You can only give to others what resides within you.
• Spirituality: Deepen your connection to Spirit so you can live consciously.
• Intuition: Develop your own unique inner knowing and trust your judgment.
Tip # 3 EVERYTHING begins and ends with YOU. You are ONE with the CREATOR and to love and honor yourself is the gift you give to the universe.
Next time, we'll cover the final tip in our three-part series looking at ways you can create your own economy so you can move from just surviving to thriving.
Veronica Drake is an International Women’s Business Coach, also known as the Simplicity Coach. She specializes in working with spiritually inspired women entrepreneurs who desire to simplify and improve the quality of their businesses while being uniquely themselves. Veronica's website is: www.beinguniquelyyou.com
See also: Part 1: How to Turn Surviving Into Thriving